Saturday, 1 March 2014

Recurssion

Hello, welcome to my fifth post.

I mentioned recursion a few times before. Mostly, I've been talking about how I'm looking forward to receiving new computer science skills like recursions. I have many programming experience but since these experiences were obtained by coding myself, I lack the computer science skills such as proper style and better, more efficient methods in implementing solutions.
So basically, even though I have programming experience, my ability to think like a good computer scientist isn't as good as it should be, which is why I took this course.

I mentioned recursion briefly in one of my previous posts. What I basically said us that I found recursion mind-bending, even though I finally got some experience with it. I also didn't see the point of tracing, but that was mostly because I misunderstood its role. Within the past few weeks since I said that, I thankfully got some more practice with recursion.  Moreover, I was able to use tracing to help me with recursion. I now know its purpose and how useful it can be. Recursion got so much easier for me now. It's not as mind-bending as it was a few weeks ago and thats mostly because of the use of tracing.

I still feel like I need more practice with recursion. But I'm pretty sure that this course will continue to give me the practice I need. What's in my mind the most is when I should use it. I understand its purpose and importance but I'm worried that I'll fail to notice that recursion is a solution to a situation when I come across it. Up until this point, I've used recursion after the problem mentioned recursion or trees. For example, we had one tutorial that's purely dedicated to recursion. Because of that, I know that I'm supposed to use it for this lab. But if a situation arises that could be solved with the use of recursion, my problem here is recognizing that. Otherwise I'd probably be using a bunch of loops.

Perhaps I should practice solving problems twice by using recursion and then loops. I can note its difference between my solutions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home