Saturday, 1 February 2014

Recursion and Inheritance

Welcome back!

I've know about recursion and what it does for a long time now. But I never found an opportunity to use it, nor do I ever think about it while programing. However, it appears that there are a  lot of emphasis on the importance of recursion. I hope that I'll come across many examples and situations where I'm forced to use this. It looks like we'll be working on recursion next tutorial, so I'll be looking forward to that!

Speaking of tutorials, this week tutorial was once again, useful. The biggest highlight for me that occurred in that tutorial is working with inheritance.
I've never really understood the importance of inheritance. I felt as though there is no point in inheriting a class if you can just make a new instance of the class instead. However, I was taught that there was an important reason of why you would use inheritance. In an inheriting class, you can have methods that belong only to this class, rather than the class it's inheriting from.

Unfortunately, this tutorial did not really instruct us to make methods within the inheriting class. I think It would help be much more benefiting for me if we were to do so. Hopefully I will come across a situation in the near future where inheritance will be used.

But for now, I'm more interested in using recursion. I'll be looking forward to next week's tutorial!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home